Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Shop Lighting opinions

-MIKE- wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
Otherwise known as theft.

And it makes problems for other people. I got a backup power
supply
once on which some asshole had done that with the battery. Also
got
a modem, didn't work, took it back to BestBuy, swapped it out, that
one didn't work, talked to the store manager and ended up going
through five of the things before we found one that worked.

Part of the blame is shared by employees who don't listen or just
don't care.

I took back a faulty item to Walmart and told the returns clerk that
it didn't work. She put it in the cart behind the counter. As I
walked back to the aisle to get another, I saw a stock guy bringing
the same box I'd just returned to restock the shelf. I told him that
I'd just returned it because it didn't work properly and he thanked
me for telling him and said, "They [return desk] do that all the
time."

That's one reason I never buy a box that's be opened and taped shut.

Yep. Trouble is that sometimes it's hard to tell.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)