Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Jenix replacement scale for Anilam MiniWizard DRO?

I'm looking for the best economic bang for the buck and I have little
or no experience with DROs. My Bridgeport mill came with an old
Anilam MiniWizard with the red lighted digits and raised push buttons.
The mill only had the Y axis scale. I'd like to get an X axis scale
for my 42" table. I think the DRO works since the digits change when
the table moves, but I have no idea how to use the keypad other than
setting zero via the reset button, so I can't tell if other functions
work.

The guy on eBay who sells Jenix replacements says it needs a 36" scale
which gives 30" of travel. I measured my table travel and it's 37.5",
so that part sounds ok.

The price for a new Jenix scale is $272 with free shipping from CA.
That seems to beat the Anilam - Accurite new prices, BUT are there
used Anilam scales out there at a more reasonable price? Is there
another alternative that might be a better way to go?

RWL