Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT Totally, and a little bit rude... The side effects of fixing empty buildings...

In message , John Rumm
writes
Tim S wrote:

Long story short - told them the situation by phone and in writing. Still
get reminders each month.

You have my sympathies, I experienced this twice in recent times... no
amount of telling the buggers seems to serve any purpose. In the end I
found that dropping them straight into the bin was the most effective
and least irritating way of dealing with them.

But this one really p*ssed me off;
http://www.dionic.net/tv/OfficialWarning.jpeg

Usual fare, the presumption of guilt, and lots of non specific threats...

So I sent them this:
(very very unsuitable for work and kids)
http://www.dionic.net/tv/Reply.jpeg

LoL!

I thought my last attempt before giving up in disgust was reasonably
sarky, but I like your's better!

I think its just wasted on them

My next reply will be

"you are correct, the above address has no TV licence

Come on if you think you're 'ard enough"

Several years ago I explained that it was an engineering works, there
was no TV, stop wasting my licence payers money and got a letter of
apology

So now I give them no information, just wind them up to the best of my
abilities

make them play your game, don't play theirs

--
geoff