Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] earlycomputers@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default possible/easy to change an appliance to be a dual voltage one?

On 13 Jan, 14:36, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
But much faster waffles! g (IMHO the best idea was if there
were two elements (each half) in parallel, just series 'em!)

Which was my idea, but no one paid any attention.

Thanks for the tip about getting a special voltage converter for
heating appliances - I searched around and I could get a travel one
from the USA designed to convert the voltage for hairdryers/curling
tongs/irons etc to be used in the UK. They cost around £16-20
including postage - so I think I will get one of these as the waffle
maker was worth much more than this.