Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default Straightening tube/valve pins

"N_Cook" writes:

Bill M wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

From that collection, my idea for non-engineered tool.
I will try a ring of 9 Souriau connector pins (just the right bore ) on

the
pins of a brand new valve, setting the pins in heat settable

fire-cement.
Then use preceeded by individual pin straightening with parallel jaw

pliers.

I hate to see you go through all that rot...unless you're just wanting
to be creative I have a 7 and 9 pin straightener socket screwed to
my bench shelf that I'll send you free for the cost of postage. They
don't get much use in my shack. Let me know.

-Bill

You already own one and I don't, and I wish to get the pins straightened
today and the repair back out the door, as I need the space.

Geez, how many techs or engineers does it take to straighten a few pins???

I'd just go with a fine tipped needlenose and be done with it in 5 minutes.
Or if you want to get fancy, a thin rod with an appropriately sized hole
drill in it!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/