Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Straightening tube/valve pins

N_Cook wrote in message
Allodoxaphobia wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:35:11 -0000, N_Cook wrote:
In this case someone has been moving all 12AX7 type tubes around and

forcing
them in or something. Anyway pins are bent and drunken and deforming

the
sockets. Any tips for straightening ? A brass block with precisely
engineered holes to push back all into alignment ? a metal cylinder

with
9
peripheral axial channels to go inside the pinning and something to

run
around on the outer sides of the pins ?

These things exist. e.g.:
http://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php...1418&mode=view
Just up from the very bottom of the page.

GFGI for [ "7-pin" "9-pin" straightener ]

No comment on this: http://www.stevenjohnson.com/tubepinst.htm

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux

From that collection, my idea for non-engineered tool.
I will try a ring of 9 Souriau connector pins (just the right bore ) on

the
pins of a brand new valve, setting the pins in heat settable fire-cement.
Then use preceeded by individual pin straightening with parallel jaw

pliers.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

A 20 minute job making a straightener and pins are now sober. It would have
taken that to track down a UK supplier and order one and then 3 days at
least.
Also my method could be used for non-standard pinnings

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England