Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_2_] stryped[_2_] is offline

Default Small engine rebuild update.

On Jan 13, 9:16*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
stryped fired this volley in news:f695924a-2115-
: Will this cause the symptoms i am having and caus eit to run once
started but be very difficult to start?

Ayup. *The compression is low, but from the beginning of this latest
update, your symptoms sounded like fuel delivery.

LLoyd

Is there somethign I can do to pinpoint if this is the exact problem?
I am willing to buy a new carb if that fixes it but I want to be sure.
I was going to pull the engine this weekend and check valve clearance.

If it was the carb, when I tried to restart it while warm why would it
not start with startign fluid?