Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Why is Snow getting into Our attic through the Vents?

Jimw wrote in news:mqimm45dklsmjlpea2raq33c5i4b65e3gd@
4ax.com:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:41:53 -0800 (PST), Lab
wrote:

We have a two story house (Ontario Canada). We bought this nice
house, newly re shingled. For some reason our roof vents let in snow
into the attic, it does not happen all the time. They are typical
rubber vents, 4 inch high or so. 12inch square. I see how this can
happen, the wind blow the snow in, even though it is installed
properly. It only happens when we have a heavy snow fall. Does
everyone have this problem or am I missing something? thanks.

My father used to screw plywood over the vents in winter.I'd probably
do the same but I dont have an attic.

Bad idea.