Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on making flooring

On Jan 12, 8:00*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
[snipped for brevity]

And if I worked for minimum wage, that bed would have costed at least three
times what they were selling for. *Needless to say, that deal did not
happen.

....and that makes you a whole lot smarter than many. I was told once
that the hardest thing is to say no when you have the abilities and
tools to do the job, but that the money doesn't make any sense. Many,
many years ago, I built a wall unit for somebody. When I was done, I
ran the whole project through a spreadsheet and those numbers revealed
that I had made a whopping 60 cents per hour. That was 1976... and 60
cents per hour sucked canal water even back then.

Suffice it to say, that never happened again.

When you're up against the mega-buck mass-producers, it is best to
fold and to beat them at a game they're not playing... like custom