Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Bill M[_2_] Bill M[_2_] is offline

Default Straightening tube/valve pins

N_Cook wrote:

From that collection, my idea for non-engineered tool.
I will try a ring of 9 Souriau connector pins (just the right bore ) on the
pins of a brand new valve, setting the pins in heat settable fire-cement.
Then use preceeded by individual pin straightening with parallel jaw pliers.

I hate to see you go through all that rot...unless you're just wanting
to be creative I have a 7 and 9 pin straightener socket screwed to
my bench shelf that I'll send you free for the cost of postage. They
don't get much use in my shack. Let me know.

-Bill