Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sudy Nim Sudy Nim is offline

Default Straightening tube/valve pins

"Bryce" wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

In this case someone has been moving all 12AX7 type tubes around and
forcing them in or something. Anyway pins are bent and drunken and
deforming the sockets. Any tips for straightening ? A brass block with
precisely engineered holes to push back all into alignment ? a metal
cylinder with 9 peripheral axial channels to go inside the pinning and
something to run around on the outer sides of the pins ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Here in the Colonies, every drugstore had a free tube tester which
had pin-straighteners: steel disks with 7 or 9 holes flared at the
top to accept pins and nudge them back into position. That was
about 40 years ago. As I recall, straighteners were also available
as buy-your-own tools.

Many times I found a pair of long nosed pliers adequate.