Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Preferred hollowing tool(s)

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 15:43:54 -0500, Woody wrote:

I think I'm going to look at a hollower with an arm brace (either
Stewart or Sorby) for now. Later, if I get really enamored with hollow
forms, I'll take the plunge for the Monster.

~Mark.

Those things scare the hell outta me....
If I get a catch, (not that any of us actually do), I don't want the cutting
tool fastened to my arm... Maybe I'm just getting old.. lol

Actually they're not that bad. You'd have to be awfully aggressive to
catch that badly in my experience. Realistically, you're only looking
at 6" to 8" over the rest so they're not for really deep vessels...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb