Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default possible/easy to change an appliance to be a dual voltage one?

wrote in message
Hi - I have a waffle maker which is a USA 110V 1200W standard
appliance. I want to get it to work in the UK (220V) but it is almost
impossible (and very costly) to get a voltage converter that would be
able to deal with the high wattage (1200W).
Would it be possible for me to get an electrician to change the
appliance so that it can use 220V as standard so then I wouldn't need
to buy any extra voltage converter? If this was possible would this
also cost a lot to do?

many thanks

I suspect it would be cost effective to simply buy a replacement waffle
maker in the UK.

Aren't they available?

Charlie