Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default It's got me beat ...

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:23:32 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

That is about where I have arrived at now Jeff. This week, I will spend a
little more time on it just for my own interest, but if it is not giving up
its secrets in fairly short order, then the job will get knocked on the head
once and for all.

I kinda like the hot melt glue theory. Place the unit in an oven and
see if the sides fall off. There are a few products assembled this
way (i.e. Palm V). In the same oven, place a pair of aluminum plates
that are hot melt glued together. When the plates come apart, try
pulling on various parts of the radio. It usually doesn't take much
heat, so don't worry about melting the plastic. The contact paper on
the back plate might try to peel, but that can be reattached before it
cools. Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D