Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] greenpjs@neo.rr.com is offline

Default Genie Pro 88 won't close

On 12 Jan 2009 00:58:48 GMT,
(bhatiap) wrote:

bhatiap had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...se-353086-.htm
:
Thank you all for the replies. My garage door opener doesn't have any eye
to detect any obstruction. I tried adjusting the screw at the back and I
can now get the door to close when the door is only about 2/3rds open
(open just enough to let my Toyota Camry go through). If I open it all the
way then it doesn't close. It seems that it can't get over the bend. Will
try to lubricate and see if it helps. I can see grease on the sping in the
center but do I also need to apply some sort of grease/oil on the track
where the door wheels sit?

Flip the lever that disconnects the door from the opener and try the
door by hand to see if it feels right.