Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Whar to pay an out of work relative for re-modeling work

"trailer" wrote in message
I would pay the guy at least something. He will still have expenses other
than room and board.

When he finishes the initial work, find him some other jobs, possibly with
neighbors. If he does a good job, show his work off to neighbors.
Incentive for him to do good work.

Good idea about showing his work. Put *that* in the contract as well. That
way you will be on the up and up if you are warning someone of a shoddy job.
"Hey, I just showed them your work as we agreed". Either way, the contract
that spells out everything, as already mentioned, will cover you both
against forgetfulness. Tell him that too. Nothng hidden and no ill intent.
If he doesn't go for it, nothing lost and a heartache saved!
Chuck