Posted to alt.home.repair
Sharp Dressed Man[_4_] Sharp Dressed Man[_4_] is offline

Default Whar to pay an out of work relative for re-modeling work

"Kadaifi" wrote in message

I have a relative who is out of work. I thought I would help him with some
re-modeling work. He is an experienced home re-modeler and I don't question
his experience.

My question is what to pay? The work might include installing re-placement
windows, re-model some bathrooms, new siding, etc.
The prevailing base wage rate established by the state (North East) for a
journey carpenter is about $38/hr.

He has no place to live so would move in here and we would provide room
and board.

Any thoughts?

He'll steal you blind and have sex with your wife or daughter-- maybe
both...