Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default FA Vintage Tinplate work tinmans tin metalwork 1911

On Jan 7, 5:03*am, pyotr filipivich wrote:
I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Larry Jaques
wrote on Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:15:25
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 13:56:56 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 12:06:33 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

The printing press made Bibles and religious tracts readily available to
the masses. *The flock could now read what only the priests had
previously had a lock on.

* * * * Once the translations into the vernacular had been made. *A
process which had started before the printing press I might add.

* * * * Let me see, Gutenberg did his printing starting in 1450, the first
Crusade was launched in 1095 and the last in 1270, and the Inquisition
was 1478-1834 (officially. *No One Expects the Spanish Inquisition!).
Yep, I can see the link between the printing press and the Crusades
and Inquisition....
pyotr
pyotr filipivich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wycliffe