Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Genie Pro 88 won't close

On 11 Jan 2009 15:35:13 GMT,
(bhatiap) wrote:

I have a old Genie Pro 88 garage door opener. The door opens fine but when
I try to close it is moves a few inches and then auto reverses. I tried
adjusting the auto sesitivity screw at the back of the opener but that
didn't help. WHat should I be aiming fro when I turn this acrew? Should I
turn it until the door reaches a certain position? What is that position?
Or is there something else I need to adjust. Pls help.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Not sure on the 88 - but I think you have current sense on the drive
head, and limit switches on the track. If so, you want the downforce
adjustment st to MAX.