Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electricity problem

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:02:07 -0330, "Realist"
wrote:

I can't say for sure if that happened or not. I thought about that. There as
an outlet below the mounted TV and three feet to the left so I assumed the
wiring would have been along that height. The outlets worked for a day or so
after the first trip, would they work if I in fact screwed into a wire?

They could. Depends on how badly you nipped the wire. I'd back out the
screws and see what happens (one at a time) and if one is causing the
problem I'd open the wall and repair it. The patch will be behind the
TV so if it doesn't match 100% it will be fine untill the room needs
repainting again.