Posted to alt.home.repair
arnolfini arnolfini is offline

Default Ariens snowblower wheel drive repair

Hello,

Does anyone know how to remove the drive pulley on an ariens 1028
snowblower? This morning I found that the wheel drive was not
working. I found that housing for the friction wheel shaft was broken
on one of its three mounting points, causing the pulley to throw the
belt off of itself whenever I engaged the wheel drive. It looks like
I have to remove the pulley to get at the bolts for the housing, but I
can't figure how to remove it. I tried jamming a screwdriver in one
of the fins of the friction plate to keep it from turning while I
turned the nut at the pulley end, but after breaking a couple of fins
off, I figured there must be another way. Any help is much
appreciated.