Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default It's got me beat ...

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Lee" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:

Interesting. I didn't realise it was a Pure product. All of the searching

did on "Genus" only seemed to turn up dead sites. When I also saw that
Amazon "did not know when they would have more" I assumed that this

pointed
to a defunct company. There is no mention of Pure on the radio anywhere.
Just out of interest, where did you turn up this info. Thanks Lee.

Arfa

This is how to get into a flavour of Pure Evoke
Remove rear screws, internal front pair and remove the
silly plastic reflex tube.
Desolder the aerial wires, ground wire, speaker wires, mark
the connectors before removing.
Some screws hiding under flopped over electros and one under the daughter
board that has to be released to get to that one.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I took a look on the Pure website, where all of their products are listed
and shown. Many DAB radios with which I am familiar, but not even a mention
of anything of theirs masquerading as "Genus". The word does not appear to
be mentioned anywhere on the site, nor if you follow the links back to the
semiconductor technology company which is responsible for creating the
"Pure" brand as a vehicle for showcasing their semiconductor technology. I
have used the search facility on each individual site in the suite, but the
word never appears anywhere. Likewise "Type R".

The plot thickens ... I'm not at this point convinced of its "Pure" pedigree

To be honest, I'm in business to make money, and I don't need time-wasting
nonsense like this. Unless I have a definitive answer from someone who
actually *knows* how to get it apart by perhaps Wednesday, then it will be
returned to its owner unrepaired, along with a bill for the workshop time
spent on it. Apparently, he said to the lad that was booking it in,
something along the lines of "Good luck with getting it apart, because I
could not see how you get into it ", so with that in mind, I feel justified
in not rinsing more valuable bench time, knowing that he's half expecting it
to not get repaired anyway. Shame as it's a straightforward problem that it
has, but times is 'ard, as they say, and my time is better spent on stuff
that's easily fixable.

Arfa