Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryce Bryce is offline

Default Stuck frozen car doors

Jimw wrote:

Slightly off topic
Anyone got any suggestions to keep car doors from freezing stuck.
Yes, I know a heated garage would help, but I dont have that.
I'm looking for something to put on the door gaskets that will prevent
them from freezing to the door frame. One was so badly stuck that the
gasket came off part of the door, and I had to re-glue it. I've been
late for work 4 times in the past month because of this, and my boss
is not happy about it. It's a pickup truck, if both doors are frozen,
there is nothing I can do except get a hair dryer and begin unthawing
it, which is the last thing I want to do on a cold winter morning.
I had this problem on other vehicles in the past, but for soem reason
this pickup is worse than others. Probably because it dont have those
small roof "gutters" like most other vehicles I have owned. (poor
design).

thanks for replies

Jim

Silicone spray on the gaskets and on the metal frame where the gasket
makes contact when the door is closed.