Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Stuck frozen car doors

"Jimw" wrote

Slightly off topic

Not too bad actually, we range around here.

Anyone got any suggestions to keep car doors from freezing stuck.
Yes, I know a heated garage would help, but I dont have that.

I know the feeling. Not all of us have a garage much less a heated one.

Several fixes, depending on conditions there. Simple one for the seals, oil
with WD 40 or vaseline. Now if you get actual rain water down there
freezing, you need more.

The 'country redneck special' works til you can get real rain guards. This
is a bit of firm plastic around the top where water can leech in, over the
door from the roof. Sorry, it's not pretty and gets duct taped in, but you
get to work on time and in these days, you do not need to risk a job. I'd
rather look like a rednck, than lose my job ;-)