Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default It's got me beat ...

In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

Genus Type R portable DAB radio. Nice elegant looking unit. Nice simple (I
think) problem, but how the F#@! does it come to bits ????

35 years daily experience of finding hidden screws and clips and twisty
pressure points, but nearly an hour of probing and testing cracks and gaps
with knife blades, I'm still no nearer.

So does anyone actually know ? Not really looking for suggestions, as I've
probably tried them all anyway. Just if anyone knows for sure the trick of
it, please share ... !!

I've had success with hot air -- from a heat gun or even from a
high-powered hair drier. A lot of adhesives get a lot less "grabby" when
they're warm. If you use a real hot air gun, be careful you don't crispy
critter it, though.

Isaac