Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] a7yvm109gf5d1@netzero.com is offline

Default Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

On Jan 10, 9:57 am, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:
I have some motherboards designed for 4-6 SATA ports, but only 2 SATA
connectors were installed, and I'd like to add the missing connectors
plus any needed termination resistors.
Here's an example with an ECS GeForce 6100SM-M v. 1.0 motherboard:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/...b349938d_o.jpg

What are the values of the missing resistors? I thought that each
pair of SATA data lines needed one 100 ohm resistor between them, but
on this circuit board the resistors seem to be arranged differently.

Hello,
I am not an expert, but the caps you see are the coupling caps.
The termination resistor would be at the end of the line, not the
middle.
I'm not sure what the value of the cap would be, but 100nF is a good
start.
I could be wildly wrong about the value, I know nothing of the SATA
specs.