Mike Ring

Default Wiring Convention?

(Andy) wrote in
om:

I would like info
specifically on light switches; so if I am looking at a light switch
in my lounge, would the wires go straight up, straight down or what?
Are the upstairs switches different? My house has a concrete floor so
the wiring cannot go under the floorboards - don't know if that makes
a difference or not.

Yes, the wires will go straight up, (0r possibly down if the floor's not
concrete, check how they leave the back box) and so should all fittings; I
believe some short horizontal runs are allowed for spurs etc, but I don't
know the regs.

Try not to be a silly billy like me when fitting wall lights and nearly
drill through the cables because I somehow forgot - it was a daft place to
put a mounting hole anyhow!

Mike R