Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
mm mm is offline

Default $40.00 And Done Converter Box?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:20:16 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

The local Radio Shack manager told me yesterday that they had been
ordered to stop selling and return the Zenith boxes, he didn't know
why. The DTT900 has worked well for me and handles multipath better
than the tuner on a Viewsonic HDTV I briefly tried. I use the RF OUT
into a string of VCRs so might not notice an audio problem. Reviews of
the TR-40 CRA liked the EPG but called it merely average otherwise,
and possibly unreliable. I'm still waiting for long-term user's
comments on the other boxes to be posted here, and what better place
is there than alt.tv.tech.hdtv?.

My image of anything with hdtv in it would be that it is full of
people who have digital if not hd tvs already and won't be using a
coverter box at all.

And partially full, like many newsgroups on many topics, of people who
want other people to spend more money than they want to.

Jim Wilkins