Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

Default $40.00 And Done Converter Box?

x posted to alt . cable-tv alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Look for the Zenith DTT901. Google is your friend!

Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

--
--------------------http://NewsReader.Com/--------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service * * * * * * * * * * * *$9.95/Month 30GB

Heard e-bay is good but can i use $ 40.00 coupon on there ? (have
looked but nothing yet)
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

On Jan 9, 6:36*pm, candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv *alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Google for reviews of boxes, Consumers Reports review has a link to
the review at google, what I have in seen in reviews local stores
dont carry what is best, they are online.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
KC KC is offline

On Jan 9, 7:14*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

*I have three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on cable.

nate

I have 3 tv's, all on cable, but I bought a box anyway. What ya gonna
do if the cable goes out just before the superbowl? Or goes out for a
week like mine did when a tornado tore up the neighborhood?

KC
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

KC wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I have three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on cable.

nate

I have 3 tv's, all on cable, but I bought a box anyway. What ya gonna
do if the cable goes out just before the superbowl? Or goes out for a
week like mine did when a tornado tore up the neighborhood?

KC

Actually, if I were watching the super bowl at home, I'd use one of the
converter boxes. Get a better picture that way. seriously.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

ransley wrote:
On Jan 9, 6:36 pm, candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Google for reviews of boxes, Consumers Reports review has a link to
the review at google, what I have in seen in reviews local stores
dont carry what is best, they are online.

We got the Zenith at Radio Shack, the Tivax we bought online. Quite a price
range on the same model from different places, you can save thirty or forty
bucks shopping around.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:09:56 -0800 (PST), KC
wrote:

On Jan 9, 7:14*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

*I have three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on cable.

nate

I have 3 tv's, all on cable, but I bought a box anyway. What ya gonna
do if the cable goes out just before the superbowl? Or goes out for a
week like mine did when a tornado tore up the neighborhood?

Absolutely. Much less likely the air will break, and very unlikely
to break at the same time as the cable.

But I've decided to postpone the switchover for 3 or 4 months.

KC

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:14:51 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Just curious, where would one purchase one of these besides online,
should I want another (I already have two.) I bought mine at Circuit
but they seem to have taken their ball and gone home. I have
three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on
cable. Based on what I've seen online the Zenith really is the best
cheap box, and I have been happy with mine. It actually gets better
reception than the one TV that I have with a digital tuner (but
obviously a HD LCD TV has a better picture than an old CRT)

nate

Besides them, there was Radio Shack, and either Best Buy, or Walmart.
Between the three of them they only had 4 models. Plus local stores.
There's one in Baltimore selling 2 different modes that none of the
big 3 stores had. Maybe nicer, didn't have ttime to check.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

****ty, but they seem to have taken their ball and gone home. I have
three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on
cable. Based on what I've seen online the Zenith really is the best
cheap box, and I have been happy with mine. It actually gets better
reception than the one TV that I have with a digital tuner (but
obviously a HD LCD TV has a better picture than an old CRT)

Try Radio Shack, Fry's, or an Insignia at Best Buy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw them advertized at Best Buy and Sears last week for $50.00.

I have not received my coupon yet...

shirleyann

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

On Jan 9, 9:06*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Jan 9, 6:36 pm, candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Google for reviews of boxes, Consumers Reports review has a link to
the review at google, *what I have in seen in reviews local stores
dont carry what is best, they are online.

We got the Zenith at Radio Shack, the Tivax we bought online. *Quite a price
range on the same model from different places, you can save thirty or forty
bucks shopping around.

How is the Tivax compared to zenith, Tivax is top rated.
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

wrote:

Just curious, where would one purchase one of these besides online,
should I want another (I already have two.) I bought mine at Circuit
but they seem to have taken their ball and gone home. I have
three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on
cable. Based on what I've seen online the Zenith really is the best
cheap box, and I have been happy with mine. It actually gets better
reception than the one TV that I have with a digital tuner (but
obviously a HD LCD TV has a better picture than an old CRT)

nate

Besides them, there was Radio Shack, and either Best Buy, or Walmart.
Between the three of them they only had 4 models. Plus local stores.
There's one in Baltimore selling 2 different modes that none of the
big 3 stores had. Maybe nicer, didn't have ttime to check.

When I was looking, Best Buy sold something else (forget what - Apex
maybe?) and Wal-Mart theoretically had the DTVPal but was out. Didn't
look at Radio Crack, maybe I should roll by there and check.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

wrote:

[...]

The local Radio Shack manager told me yesterday that they had been
ordered to stop selling and return the Zenith boxes, he didn't know
why. The DTT900 has worked well for me and handles multipath better
than the tuner on a Viewsonic HDTV I briefly tried. I use the RF OUT
into a string of VCRs so might not notice an audio problem. Reviews of
the TR-40 CRA liked the EPG but called it merely average otherwise,
and possibly unreliable. I'm still waiting for long-term user's
comments on the other boxes to be posted here, and what better place
is there than alt.tv.tech.hdtv?.

Jim Wilkins
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

On Jan 9, 6:36*pm, candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv *alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech . hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

I have the Zenith DTT901 and it seems to work as advertised.

Lewis.

*****
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

Jim Wilkins wrote:
The local Radio Shack manager told me yesterday that they had been
ordered to stop selling and return the Zenith boxes, he didn't know
why. The DTT900 has worked well for me and handles multipath better
than the tuner on a Viewsonic HDTV I briefly tried. I use the RF OUT
into a string of VCRs so might not notice an audio problem. Reviews of
the TR-40 CRA liked the EPG but called it merely average otherwise,
and possibly unreliable. I'm still waiting for long-term user's
comments on the other boxes to be posted here, and what better place
is there than alt.tv.tech.hdtv?.

Jim Wilkins

For threads and discussions on the converter boxes, hard to beat
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=186.

Alan F

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

Echostar TR-40 DTV Converter Box $39.99
http://dishnetworktr40.com

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

Here is a better link...
http://www.dtvpal.com

(Echostar TR-40 DTV Converter Box $39.99)

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:20:16 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

The local Radio Shack manager told me yesterday that they had been
ordered to stop selling and return the Zenith boxes, he didn't know
why. The DTT900 has worked well for me and handles multipath better
than the tuner on a Viewsonic HDTV I briefly tried. I use the RF OUT
into a string of VCRs so might not notice an audio problem. Reviews of
the TR-40 CRA liked the EPG but called it merely average otherwise,
and possibly unreliable. I'm still waiting for long-term user's
comments on the other boxes to be posted here, and what better place
is there than alt.tv.tech.hdtv?.

My image of anything with hdtv in it would be that it is full of
people who have digital if not hd tvs already and won't be using a
coverter box at all.

And partially full, like many newsgroups on many topics, of people who
want other people to spend more money than they want to.

Jim Wilkins

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 21:48:17 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote for every to trash:

KC wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I have three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them
is on cable.

nate

I have 3 tv's, all on cable, but I bought a box anyway. What ya gonna
do if the cable goes out just before the superbowl? Or goes out for a
week like mine did when a tornado tore up the neighborhood?

KC

Actually, if I were watching the super bowl at home, I'd use one of the
converter boxes. Get a better picture that way. seriously.

nate

I have a PVR w/ record, pause, rewind. Converter box does not.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 17:32:13 -0800, gnu/linux wrote for every to trash:

On Jan 9, 7:05Â*pm, wrote:
candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv Â*alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech .
hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Look for the Zenith DTT901. Google is your friend!

Chip

--
--------------------http://NewsReader.Com/-------------------- Usenet
Newsgroup Service Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*$9.95/Month 30GB

Heard e-bay is good but can i use $ 40.00 coupon on there ? (have
looked but nothing yet)

Don't think you can. Coupon is like a gift card for one item besides
shipping would eat up part of your rebate. Target $45+tax - $40 = $5+tax
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv

ransley wrote:

How is the Tivax compared to zenith, Tivax is top rated.

That's the one we left hooked up, picture seemed a little better, better
program guide. That all have crappy little remotes however.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chill Out wrote in
:

KC wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:14 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I have three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them
is on cable.

nate

I have 3 tv's, all on cable, but I bought a box anyway. What ya gonna
do if the cable goes out just before the superbowl? Or goes out for a
week like mine did when a tornado tore up the neighborhood?

KC

Actually, if I were watching the super bowl at home, I'd use one of the
converter boxes. Get a better picture that way. seriously.

nate

I have a PVR w/ record, pause, rewind. Converter box does not.

you feed the converter's output INTO the PVR,if possible.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chill Out wrote in
:

On Jan 9, 7:05Â*pm, wrote:
candy wrote:
x posted to alt . cable-tv Â*alt . home . repair alt . tv . tech .
hdtv

Are there any recommended $40.00 preferably pass through converter
boxes for sale and if so can you kindly provide a link. TIA.

Look for the Zenith DTT901. Google is your friend!

Chip

--
--------------------http://NewsReader.Com/--------------------
Usenet Newsgroup Service Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Â*$9.95/Month 30GB

Heard e-bay is good but can i use $ 40.00 coupon on there ? (have
looked but nothing yet)

Don't think you can. Coupon is like a gift card for one item besides
shipping would eat up part of your rebate. Target $45+tax - $40 =
$5+tax

CompUSA sells a converter for $40.01. advertised in their newspaper ads.
I haven't got one of those yet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik