Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

Archimedes' Lever wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:20:56 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

After all the hours you would spend, you could SIMPLY go BUY another,
proper motherboard. That is, unless your personal time is only worth
minimum wage. In that case, you will likely fail for other reasons.

My personal time is worth a couple hundred bucks an hour, so if I can
buy it cheaper than spending hours upon hours trying to fudge the ****ing
thing to existence, I'll be spending the cash, and keeping my personal
time for better hobby tasks.

If the OP is LUCKY he can research this and maybe find another who has
successfully done this. But I doubt this will be the case. I've
modified a SATA mobo to have RAID ports where non existed in the stock
BIOS by flashing a BIOS with RAID support. However the hardware was
already on the board.

Oh yeah sure, PlowTard. You've just done ****ing everything.

Making **** up as you go along makes you even more transparent than you
already were.

For some reason, I no longer believe that your time is worth a couple
hundred $$$ an hour.