Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly larry moe 'n curly is offline

Default Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

I have some motherboards designed for 4-6 SATA ports, but only 2 SATA
connectors were installed, and I'd like to add the missing connectors
plus any needed termination resistors.
Here's an example with an ECS GeForce 6100SM-M v. 1.0 motherboard:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/...b349938d_o.jpg

What are the values of the missing resistors? I thought that each
pair of SATA data lines needed one 100 ohm resistor between them, but
on this circuit board the resistors seem to be arranged differently.