Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Steve Lusardi -- lathe update

Gunner,
If you can find one, I have an MT3 test bar he can use.
Steve

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 23:07:45 -0600, Ignoramus17663

On 2009-01-10, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:03:03 -0600, Ignoramus17663

On 2009-01-10, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

Is it a flawless cone, or are there dimples?

Mine has dimples, from people installing the chuck without wiping the
chips off first.

It is flawless. I believe that it is hardened, and the inside of the
chuck is not hardened, so all dimples go on the chuck. Which is
great. I am grateful for this.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that this lathe is a
solid performer to serve me well.

Is that the round top Colchester 13x36?

I told you you would like it.

I loved mine

I totally love it. I hope that it will love me back.

I am going to try to come up with some lathe projects.

Let's see...

The first thing you do, is make up a handful of shear pins. Start out
with 16P nails and simply turn them down to the proper diameter and
length. IRRC its .375 long and .125 in diameter

You WILL screw up and shear off those pins when you are first learning
the lathe..generally by under estimating the length of time it takes to
turn something so you turn your back on the machine for a few minutes.

I may..may have an extra spindle nose adapter for IRRC...3MT or 4MT

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost