Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv
mm mm is offline

Default $40.00 And Done Converter Box?

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:14:51 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Just curious, where would one purchase one of these besides online,
should I want another (I already have two.) I bought mine at Circuit
but they seem to have taken their ball and gone home. I have
three old TV's but only bought two boxes because one of them is on
cable. Based on what I've seen online the Zenith really is the best
cheap box, and I have been happy with mine. It actually gets better
reception than the one TV that I have with a digital tuner (but
obviously a HD LCD TV has a better picture than an old CRT)

nate

Besides them, there was Radio Shack, and either Best Buy, or Walmart.
Between the three of them they only had 4 models. Plus local stores.
There's one in Baltimore selling 2 different modes that none of the
big 3 stores had. Maybe nicer, didn't have ttime to check.