Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default It's got me beat ...

"Lee" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
Genus Type R portable DAB radio. Nice elegant looking unit. Nice simple
(I think) problem, but how the F#@! does it come to bits ????

35 years daily experience of finding hidden screws and clips and twisty
pressure points, but nearly an hour of probing and testing cracks and
gaps with knife blades, I'm still no nearer.

So does anyone actually know ? Not really looking for suggestions, as
I've probably tried them all anyway. Just if anyone knows for sure the
trick of it, please share ... !!

Arfa

Arfa..... years ago I saw a very similar looking radio by Braun. I
noticed that the pins in the handle rotated with the handle.
Pulled out on the handle at the pivot point.
Afer handle off, the guts slid out of the frame.

Regards
Lee

Yes Lee. I too have seen all manner of similar arrangements. Unfortunately,
that doesn't seem to be the trick to this one. I really honestly have tried
everything that many many years of service work at the sharp end has taught
me about getting into stuff, but this one is a total mystery. I even took it
back to the shop that took in the repair, today, and let their two lads have
a go, but neither of them could get into it either. I'm sure if we ever find
out, it will be something really simple, but for the moment, simple or not,
it's all a bit Penn and Teller ... :-\

Arfa