Posted to rec.woodworking
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Need advice on making flooring

On Jan 9, 4:54*pm, Wes wrote:
I have some ~1" hard maple that has been stacked in my shop for 8 or more years. I need to
use it. *I was thinking of converting it into flooring for my rather small home.

I'm thinking straight planks would not be a good idea so tounge and groove would be the
way to go. *Am I thinking right?

The next question is how wide to make each board? *Is there an upper limit other than
eliminating waste?

The last question is after planing, do I use a router table or a table saw and dado for
grooves?

I welcome advice,

Wes

Wes-

Checkout commercially available maple flooring. Widths are in the 3
to 10" range.

http://www.amanatool.com/bits-fv/55400.html

A table saw would be a little tricky..... better way......a shaper or
router table (but your router better be a beast)

cheers
Bob