Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on making flooring

I have some ~1" hard maple that has been stacked in my shop for 8 or more years. I need to
use it. I was thinking of converting it into flooring for my rather small home.

I'm thinking straight planks would not be a good idea so tounge and groove would be the
way to go. Am I thinking right?

The next question is how wide to make each board? Is there an upper limit other than
eliminating waste?

The last question is after planing, do I use a router table or a table saw and dado for
grooves?

I welcome advice,

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller