Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steve Lusardi -- lathe update

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:03:03 -0600, Ignoramus17663

On 2009-01-10, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

Is it a flawless cone, or are there dimples?

Mine has dimples, from people installing the chuck without wiping the
chips off first.

It is flawless. I believe that it is hardened, and the inside of the
chuck is not hardened, so all dimples go on the chuck. Which is
great. I am grateful for this.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that this lathe is a
solid performer to serve me well.

Is that the round top Colchester 13x36?

I told you you would like it.

I loved mine