Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Removing galled alumunm

Bridgeport with the vertical extension block. Standard boring head.
Bottom of the block is flat, 12" high, 6" cylinder length. Not enough
travel on the spindle, would need to use the knee. Mount the block on a
tooling plate, clamp that down. Use a cylinder hone to get the surface
finish I need.

I checked the bore this afternoon, about .001" taper, about .001"
oversize. Looks like a stock piston would just go in.

Wes wrote:
RoyJ wrote:

My local supplier has a piston, rings, and rod package for about $70.
I'll check for taper and all that, good chance I'll bore it oversize.
It's about due after all those years!

How do you plan to bore it? Lathe, mill or send it out?

Wes