Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Selenium Rectifier / Metal Rectifier queries

"TwoMuttHeads" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 8:58 am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Firstly are they synomynous?

Would the English military have had access to these size
and sort of ratings, of the later rectifiers, in 1940s,
they could have been heatsinked

Copper oxide was used for quite a while.

Yes. I was going to say exactly the same thing. I think that the original
"metal" rectifier, was a copper oxide device, rather than selenium. It's
been a long time ago now, but I seem to remember back in my yoof when I was
an apprentice, that we talked of metal rectifiers and selenium rectifiers as
different entities.

Arfa