Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Why does my cellphohone earpiece make things worse?

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:00:27 -0500, mm put
finger to keyboard and composed:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:22:53 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

What is the impedance of your headset? How does it compare to the
original Motorola headset?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions. Sounds
important. I don't think the packaging or url for the headset said
anything, and I don't think the 60 page manual for the phone said
anything. Let me go check.... 36 hours go by.... No, 14 uses of
headset, but no specs. it doesn't say.

I don't think it came with a motorola headset. I suppose I could go
to a store and find one by Motorola. Would measuring with an ohmmeter
work?

A common impedance for moving coil headphones is 32 ohms. You should
be able to measure this with a multimeter.

- Franc Zabkar