Posted to alt.home.repair
lp13-30 lp13-30 is offline

Default Why street lights on all night?

Smitty two and David N, agree totally on ZPG. When I bought my place
here in 1978, it was about 7 miles from town. As often as not, I could
go that 7 miles and not see another car on the road. Now, that same 7
miles is about 30+ minutes of bumper to bumper traffic. They have
recently built a Super Wal Mart about a mile from me, and just past
that, a huge HEB(our largest grocery store chain). Only problem is, it
takes longer to get to them than it used to take going all the way to
town. The treehuggers
can criticize me for not having a Prius--or a bicycle, or not having the
most energy efficient house, but there are people my age with a dozen
grandkids I have a neighbor who is younger than I am-- not sure but
guess early 50's at most-- who is a great- grandmother. When I think
about how much of the planet's resources I myself use, vs others and all
their offspring, I think I've done my part. Larry