Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:25:15 -0000, John Navas wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:37:27 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote
in :

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:40:27 -0000, John Navas wrote:

That's typically because the camera also has audio-video output that
needs its own connections, and because size and cost are often issues, a
proprietary combo USB-AV connector is used.

The ones I'm referring to were only USB cables. The non-camera end was a standard type A USB plug to go into a PC.

Which cameras?

One was a basic model Benq, the other I've forgotten the name of.

There are three blondes stranded on an island. Suddenly a fairy appears and offers to grant each one of them one wish.
The first blonde asks to be intelligent. Instantly, she is turned into a brown haired woman and she swims off the island.
The next one asks to be even more intelligent than the previous one, so instantly she is turned into a black haired woman. The black haired woman builds a boat and sails off the island.
The third blonde asks to become even more intelligent than the previous two. The fairy turns her into a man, and he walks across the bridge.