Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default jointer decision

"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Snip

For an irregular, crooked edge I reckon, but thats not what I'm talking
about. S2S is generally ripped fairly straight at the mill, just the
edges are rough, not irregular. I can make several passes on my jointer
and rip the plank to size before my glue gun even warms up. Probably
faster than I can dig out my glue gun and hook it up:-)

And, that is why my jig is a sled with 2 toggle clamps. Set up quick.

With a jointer that takes several passes. Think about taperng a
leg, you can do that on a jointer with several passes or with 1 pass
using a taper jig on the TS. The jig the TS workes much like a taper
jig, it uses a straight edge to reference the TS fence.

Tapered legs are a jointer specialty, wanted or not:-)

LOL