Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Preferred hollowing tool(s)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:42:58 -0800 (PST), robo hippy
wrote:

snip
For the finish cut, I prefer one of the micro grain
carbide discs, available from Hunter tools, The Eliminator, and
Monster has one as well. They work at a shear/skewed angle, and give a
cleaner cut. A laser pointer is a great help as well.

snip

Yo, Reed!
Have you tried the Eliminator yet?

I'm about to order the Mega Eliminator and would love a recommendation, since
it's $170..
I've got the Oneway Termite and the "Universal super cut tool" now, but neither
are carbide and I'm thinking that's what I need for the ironwood pieces..

Let me know, ok?
Once I order it, I have to go pick it up at the border.. Sort of a PITA, but
doable..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing