Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13440 Ignoramus13440 is offline

Default Interesting compressor deal

On 2009-01-07, Up North wrote:

"Ignoramus13440" wrote in message

We'll see how it plays out.

I figure that out of the three main components (motor, pump and tank)
at least two are good. Maybe all three, as often happens with
compressors. Each should be worth more than what I paid. Should be
fun.

I bought the same model compressor with a single phase motor several
years
ago with a patch welded on the tank. I found a good 200 gal. horizontal
tank
and swapped all the goodies to it and it has been my main compressor
since.
I cut the mounting plate off the old tank and welded it to the mounting
plate on the new tank. That made things so much easier.

Nice. 200 gallon tank, surely takes a while to pump up to pressure.

I started thinking that seems pretty big at 200 gallons. I went out and
measured it and it is only a paltry 152.99 gallons. I really don't notice
the run time as I use quite a bit of air running my CNC plasma cutting table
and paint booth. My old 5 hp Champion compressor would just barely keep up.

Nice. I once sold a compressor with a 240 gallon tank ("mother of all
compressors"). That's huge.

I wish I had a yard like Gunner, for a tank like that.

I do have a large yard almost filled with goodies. It comes in handy when I
need something out of "inventory"

Here in Illinois, the weather is not as friendly to "inventory" and it
quickly degrades into rust.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/