Scott McAuley

Default HEMP PLYWOOD BECOMES A REALITY

2manytoys,
You should stop hanging out with pot-heads and do the research on hemp. It
is one of the most usefull plants known to man that could help our farmers
and the environment. Hemp is widely grown as a cash crop in Canada and
Europe.
Scott.
"2manytoyz" wrote in message
om...
The interesting part (to me) is the ONLY people "I've" known that were
interested in hemp as an industrial textile were all pot smokers. I

wonder
why.

No thanks.

"Scott McAuley" wrote in message
Mark,
It is a popular myth that proponents of industrial hemp would like to

use
it
as cover for the illicit stuff. Industrial hemp is grown in tightly

spaced
rows to encourage fiber and oilseed production. Drug hemp is grown

widely
spaced to encourage leaf and bud production. No grower of drug hemp

would
ever want his carefully bred plants cross pollinated with industrial

hemp,
it would lower the THC content of the product. Hemp is a great source of
superior fibers that could replace cotton as a cash crop for many

struggling
farmers. Over 50% of the pesticides used in the US are used in cotton
production. Cotton strips the land depleting the soil and contributes to
soil compaction. Hemp has far fewer natural pest and does not deplete

the
soil the way cotton does. Hemp fibers are also valued for the fine
linen-like paper that can be produced. Hemp requires far fewer chemicals

refine into paper and could potentially save our rivers and streams from
pollution. Fewer trees for paper production would mean more plentiful

lumber
at lower prices. Don't take my word for it, do some research. There is a

lot
of good data out there on industrial hemp.
Scott.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
s.com...
In article ,
/without_any_s/ says...
I guess I missed that one. I had worked on hemp and hemp like

materials
for
some projects. There were serious problems with the gov't not

wanting
industrial hemp running around. They couldn't tell the difference

between
it and the pharmaceutical stuff,

I also suspect that this is why there is so much support from the,
shall we say herbally-induced reality-challenged, for pushing hemp as

an
industrial product. It provides greater cover for raising the illicit
kind.

... and please, drop the "pharmaceutical" connotation -- call it what

it
really is, "pharmaceutical" simply is attempting to legitimize the
utilization of this substance for altering one's conciousness. (Don't
try the "alcohol is the same" argument either. It is not.)

so they wouldn't permit it to be farmed.

Michael