Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Exterior Wood Door

"Warbler" wrote in message
My house (vintage 1836) has a beat up exterior wood door that is so
drafty .....

...... Are there any good sources
(books?) that go into all the details on how to build a a top quality
wood door. I remember seeing posters of all the classic doors from
Dublin & NYC and thougth someone has written on this subject with a
woodworker in mind.

I have see those Dublin Front doors posters. I am sure you are on the right
track. Is the old door not actually old? Should you copy it?

If not you need references of doors of the period. You need to look
carefully at the style of the building and try to find a match.
It really all depends. I have some reprints of works by Asher Benjamin but
maybe the house isn't in the classical style.

Tim W