Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default White gas?

Ok, I just happen to have a 5 gal pail of petroleum naphtha in my 'one
of everything' pile. That's about 75 hrs of heat. I was hoping for
heat on the cheap, not to pony up for 2-3X cost 'camp fuel', but, I've
never bought or priced it around here. All my Coleman stuff is
propane.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:44:20 -0800, JR North
wrote:

I snagged a Therm'X Safety Heater model 30-C on Ebay, brand new. It's a
catalytic gauze burner type from the '60's. the instructions say to use
a couple different brand name fuels, neither now available or even
Googleable.
The instructions also say in a pinch, to use white gas or "pure naphtha".
......humming
is white gas just unleaded? How do we define "pure Naphtha"? Petroleum
naphtha?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability: