Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting B'port series I R2E4 BOSS-9

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley
in . 3.70:

I got the info I needed (for certain), and the head's plumbing

access
drafts are a legitimate place to lift. That solves a whole bunch.

Oh... Thanks Iggy, for reminding me that the Hardinge guys are "good
fellas". They hooked me up with one of their (by their words) "old-
timers" who had a lot of experience moving BOSS machines.

He chuckled a bit, then said that they lift the entire head off (about
1000lb of the 3500) with just three 1/4-20 bolts under the motor cap.

He also said that the access drafts "were the standard sling point"
for that machine, and much preferrable to getting it up to pallet
height with Johnson Bars.

LLoyd