Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting B'port series I R2E4 BOSS-9

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:4963c1be$0
:

- It's not "overhead lifting", it is simple lifting.

- Lift it a couple inches, then pull the trailer out from under it,

then
lower it to an inch or two above the ground before any horizontal
movement.

I agree with your second point -- that was the plan.

But any time the majority of the load is above head-high, I call that
"overhead lifting". That may be only semantics, but in this case, all
but about 500lb of the machine will be neck-high by the time we can
pull the trailer out.

I got the info I needed (for certain), and the head's plumbing access
drafts are a legitimate place to lift. That solves a whole bunch.

LLoyd